Sunday, April 19, 2009

Obstacles along the way

I've had a pretty good idea about my second story since well, story one.  James Augustine's career struggles pose a very good story that I think will interest a lot of people. I wasn't too worried about getting people to talk to me considering my family used to live down the street from the Augustine's and our families know each other. However, it's getting hold of people outside of the Augutsine's.

I know for a fact I'm going to have a problem talking to his agent. He already told me that he is really busy and would more than likely not give me an interview. I'm used to being rejected for interviews so I guess it's not a huge deal but it would be a good source for the story. I'll just have to make it work. 

It is difficult that my main source and well, the focus of my story is in another country right now but he has been nothing but cooperative and willing to help. If I have to have a phone interview at three in the morning, then so be it.  I cant sleep these days anyway. 

All in all I'm not too worried about story two. Everything is going to come together nicely and I don't think I'll be as stressed about it as I was for story one. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie,

    The agent would be nice to get but remember, he's paid to say good things about James. I might talk to his former college, even high school coach. Does he stay in tough with them? What do they think of his challenges? Any pro scouts out there that will talk about him?

    Also: Where do we sit as far as a sidebar, graphic? One thought might be to write a player bio on him, much like you see in the media guides. Just all of the who, what, where, why info. in bio form.

    And where do we sit with photos and photo credits? We need to have them in hand and start moving them over to the server.

    Remember, we need to think in terms of packaging the story online, visualizing it and storyboarding it.

    Cheers, Mike Reilley

    ReplyDelete